The Student Film Trailer Contest
THE MUS STUDENT FILM TRAILER CONTEST
If you're an MUS student who is into filmmaking, now's your chance to have your work recognized. In conjunction with the February variety show production of NeoVox (think Saturday Night Live with more dancing), the Fine Arts Department is sponsoring a student film contest. Emerging filmmakers are encouraged to submit an original film trailer (also referred to as a "preview"). That's right; you don't have to make a complete film, just the trailer for a film.
• Entries must be produced by MUS students, either individuals or groups. Female guest performers are allowed, but no boys from other schools and no alumni.
• Competition is limited to new work, produced during the years 2010 or 2011.
• Entries must be two to four minutes in duration. Three minutes is the standard length for a film trailer, so hitting that mark will be preferred.
• All genres and topics are welcome, provided the film is an adaptation of a previously existing literary work (example: a contemporary version of Macbeth).
• The top 3 film trailers will be screened during the performances of NeoVox, February 3, 5, and 7, 2011.
• A prize will be awarded to the winning film trailer.
• Entries must be submitted on DVD (one entry per DVD).
• Entries must be accompanied by an entry form including: name of filmmaker(s), contact information, including email and telephone number, title of film trailer, and length.
• No unauthorized use of copyrighted images or music is allowed!
• Submission deadline is January 21st, 2011.
There is no entry fee!
Refer all questions about the contest to Mr. Greer via email.